Objectives of the UGC-CARE
- To promote quality research, academic integrity and publication ethics in Indian universities.
- To promote high quality publications in reputed journals that would help in achieving higher global ranks.
- To develop an approach and methodology for identification of good quality journals.
- To prevent publications in predatory/ dubious / sub-standard journals, which reflect adversely and tarnish the image of Indian academia.
- To create and maintain a “UGC-CARE Reference List of Quality Journals” (UGC-CARE List) for all academic purposes.